Michelle Strasser was born in Würzburg Germany in 1972, grew up in America, and moved to Switzerland in 1999. Harrison High School purchased someof her art works and still have them on display in the library. After High School in Colorado Springs, Michelle moved to Oklahoma and attended Rhema Bible Training Center in the mornings and painted murals in the afternoon and evenings. After Rhema, she attended Tulsa Technology Center and was involved in VICA where she won the Oklahoma State VICA competition in the category for Advertising Design. Winning this competition provided a choice of scholarships and she chose to continue studying at OSU-Okmulgee, and graduated in 1995. For the next 4 years she worked in the field of Visual Communications. In her free time she started a series of pencil drawings and also experimented with oil paints.
In 1999, Michelle married Roland Strasser and moved to Switzerland where she focused on learning German for the first few years and continued her pencil drawings. Soon she started experimenting with acrylics in a way that was new to her. After a few years she put asside her 3D acrylic phase, and began painting more of what was in her heart. She now works in oil, acrylic, and ink. Some of her works present very abstract ideas, and others are just what you see. Either way, she desires to please her Lord Jesus Christ in all her works.
- 1990 – Untitled 3D, Watercolor, on permanent display in the recreation area of the library, in Harrison High School, under the name Micki Kinion
- 1990 – Untitled clay sculpture of a panther, on permanent display in Harrison High School under the name Micki Kinion
- 2006 – The Redemption Wash”, was on permanent display in Zoe Christliches Centrum, in Basel
- 2007 – Art show, Mparc, Basel
- June 2009 – Group art show, Aspire, Basel
- 2010 – Art Show June 27th to July 7th in Reinach
- 2010 – “Shine” book available for purchase (“Leuchte!” auf Deutsch)
- May 8-31, 2013 – Group art show, provocate.net
- May 17-26 – Group art show, “…Wie ein Senfkorn” – soulworks.ch
Michelle usually works from her in-home studio, but sometimes you can find her at Humus in Munchenstein.